Promotional Toolkit: Help Solicit World Food Prize Nominations
Nomination Procedure | Nomination Form
The World Food Prize Foundation has created resources to assist our partners in spreading the word about the annual Laureate nomination process. Your help allows the Foundation to solicit the best nominations from across the globe as we aim to highlight individuals making strides in improving the quality, quantity and availability of food in the world for all. We value your support and we hope that you will help us spread the word about the World Food Prize through all appropriate avenues; from blogs and newsletters to social media and presentations. Please let us know if we can provide anything in another format.
Photos & Graphics (Right click to save):
Powerpoint image - 16:9 (Can also be used for social media)
Powerpoint Image: (4:3)
Sample Social Media Posts:
Do you know someone who is making exceptional progress increasing the quality, quantity and availability of food? Nominations for the World Food Prize are officially open! Send in your nominations for the “Nobel Prize for Food and Agriculture” today! http://bit.ly/2ATfJvg #FoodPrize22
The World Food Prize Foundation is looking for individuals who are leading the global effort of feeding #9BBy50! Do you know someone who is creating waves within the world of food and agriculture to enhance the quality, quantity and availability of food? Nominate this individual for the World Food Prize today! http://bit.ly/2ATfJvg #FoodPrize22
Have your voice heard and nominate an innovator increasing the global supply of nutritious food for the World Food Prize right now! The World Food Prize “emphasizes the importance of a nutritious and sustainable food supply for all people.” Honoring these dedicated pioneers allows the World Food Prize to call attention to the steps being taken to improve global food security as well as engage in conversation about what can be accomplished next. Send in your nomination and contribute to the conversation here: http://bit.ly/2ATfJvg #FoodPrize22
- Creating a nutritional and sustainable food supply is essential to combating world hunger. Do you know an individual who has made strides in food or agriculture and improved the quality, quantity and availability of food? Nominate them for the #FoodPrize22 right now! Nominations can be submitted here: http://bit.ly/2ATfJvg
- How are the people around you combating hunger? Make their contributions known on an international level by nominating them for the World Food Prize! This annual award is given to agricultural innovators who are paving the way for feeding #9BBy50 by enhancing food systems. Submit your nominations for the Prize here: http://bit.ly/2ATfJvg
- The World Food Prize is looking for nominations for the 2022 World Food Prize! Submit your nominations for the “Nobel Prize for Food and Agriculture” today at: http://bit.ly/2ATfJvg
- The @WorldFoodPrize is seeking nominations for the award known as the “Nobel Prize for Food and Agriculture!” Send in your submissions today! http://bit.ly/2ATfJvg #FoodPrize22
- Know someone who is working toward feeding #9Bby50? Nominate them for the @WorldFoodPrize today: http://bit.ly/2ATfJvg #FoodPrize22
- Nominations are open for the @WorldFoodPrize! Submit an incredible leader improving the quality, quantity or availability of #food for this honor right now! http://bit.ly/2ATfJvg #FoodPrize22
- The World Food Prize Foundation is collecting submissions for the annual World Food Prize now! Submit a nomination for an individual in your life that has helped progress the quality, quantity and availability of food that you would like to see showcased at the international symposium in Des Moines: http://bit.ly/2ATfJvg #FoodPrize22
- How are those around you making conscious efforts to help create a nutritious and sustainable global food supply for #9BBy50? Here is your chance to acknowledge the impressive efforts you have seen by nominating an individual in the realm of agricultural development for the World Food Prize today! Send in your nominations here: http://bit.ly/2ATfJvg #FoodPrize22
- The World Food Prize acknowledges the efforts being made to enhance the nutritional and sustainable aspects of food systems each year with the announcement of the #FoodPrize22 winner. Want to be a part of the nomination process? Submit your choice for the 2022 World Food Prize Laureate today! http://bit.ly/2ATfJvg
Sample Blog/Newsletter Language:
The World Food Prize: Recognizing and Inspiring Breakthrough Achievements in Feeding the World
Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Dr. Norman Borlaug envisioned a world without hunger. In 1986 the scientist and humanitarian created the World Food Prize to recognize global leaders who have helped advance human development by improving the quality, quantity or availability of food to combat world hunger. Today, this award has come to be called “the Nobel Prize for Food and Agriculture." The institution is currently soliciting nominations through May 1, 2021, at www.worldfoodprize.org/nominate.
Each October, the $250,000 World Food Prize is presented to a worthy individual. As we confront the single greatest challenge in human history – whether we can sustainably feed the more than 9 billion people who will inhabit our planet by 2050 – it is more critical than ever that the World Food Prize honors and inspires great achievements in food and agriculture. To continue Dr. Borlaug’s dream, please consider nominating an individual who has made the breakthrough achievements needed to ensure adequate food for all humankind in the 21st century.
In providing recognition for modern-day pioneers in food and agriculture, the World Food Prize Foundation seeks to shine a spotlight on their critical accomplishments that may also inspire future achievement by scientists, policymakers, leaders of nongovernmental organizations, businesses and others working on key issues and solutions that can have a profound impact on ensuring global food security.
Since its inception, the World Food Prize has been awarded to 50 individuals from around the globe for achievements in a broad array of areas, including nutrition and health; plant and seed science; animal science; soil science, water and conservation; crop protection; food technology and safety; policy, research and extension; infrastructure and distribution; and hunger and poverty alleviation.
Details and nomination forms are available in six languages at www.worldfoodprize.org/nominate.