APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2022-23 GLOBAL GUIDES PROGRAM WILL OPEN IN MARCH OF 2022.
The World Food Prize “Global Guides” Track is an exclusive 9-month professional development program for educators that includes attendance at the 2022 World Food Prize Borlaug Dialogue and Global Youth Institute (GYI), during the week of October 17-21st in Des Moines, Iowa with continued learning and online mentoring support sessions beyond the in-person conference.
Save the Date for our online "Ask Me Anything!" informational webinar (registration information to come soon!):
April 19th, 2022 at 7:00-8:30pm EST
Educators who apply and who are accepted to participate will receive many benefits including:
1) Access to the World Food Prize Borlaug Dialogue International Symposium ($600 value)
2) Travel funds and lodging expenses covered by the World Food Prize Foundation ($1,000 value)
2) Resources and instructional materials to advance project-based learning in global food security ($150 value)
3) Complimentary all-access registration to the 2023 Global Learning in Agriculture Conference (#GLAG23) an online, professional development experience ($50 value)
4) Exclusive access to the curated Global Guide Community of Practice with an engaged, like-minded group of passionate learners (priceless)
5) 10 hours of focused online live instruction ($1,500 value)
TOTAL ESTIMATED VALUE: $6,000
APPLICATIONS WILL OPEN IN MARCH OF 2022.
This program was created in partnership with the Global Teach Ag Network whose mission is to help expand the capacity of teachers and education programs for global impact in food, fiber, and natural resources.
Eligibility: All educators, extension professionals, and mentors interested in becoming global change-makers!
*If you apply and are not accepted to the Global Guides track but your student is accepted to the Global Youth Institute (GYI) you will still be eligible to attend as a chaperone. GYI Chaperones will have access to the Borlaug Dialogue but will not participate in the Global Guide sessions.
Please email email@example.com with any questions regarding the Global Guides program.
March 2022 - May 10th: Applications Open.
Educators will be interviewed and selected for the 2021-2022 cohort by the first week of June.
1-hour online instruction dates (to be finalized for 2022-23 soon):
September: Orientation to Food Security + What is Digital Leadership?
October: Project-Based Learning 101
October 17-21st: World Food Prize Immersion Experience, Des Moines Iowa
November - December: Individual Global Mentor Communication/Resource Share + Group Focus Session
January: Individual Global Mentor Communication/Resource Share + Group Focus Session
February: 2023 Global Learning in Agriculture Conference #GLAG23
March: Individual Global Mentor Communication/Resource Share + Group Focus Session
April: Individual Global Mentor Communication/Resource Share + Group Focus Session
May: Webinar - Sharing Results