The World Food Prize “Global Guides” Track is an exclusive 9-month professional development program for educators that includes attendance at the 2021 World Food Prize Borlaug Dialogue and Global Youth Institute (GYI), during the week of October 18-22nd in Des Moines, Iowa with continued learning and online mentoring support sessions beyond the in-person conference.
Register for one of our "Ask Me Anything!" informational webinars by clicking on the links below:
Educators who apply and who are accepted to participate will receive many benefits including:
1) Access to the World Food Prize Borlaug Dialogue International Symposium ($600 value)
2) Travel funds and lodging expenses covered by the World Food Prize Foundation ($1,000 value)
2) Resources and instructional materials to advance project-based learning in global food security ($150 value)
3) Complimentary all-access registration to the 2022 Global Learning in Agriculture Conference (#GLAG22) an online, professional development experience taking place in February 2022 ($50 value)
4) Exclusive access to the curated Global Guide Community of Practice with an engaged, like-minded group of passionate learners (priceless)
5) 10 hours of focused online live instruction ($1,500 value)
TOTAL ESTIMATED VALUE: $6,000
To apply for this innovative professional development program please complete both the application form and the agreement form by no later than Friday, July 16th.
This program was created in partnership with the Global Teach Ag Network whose mission is to help expand the capacity of teachers and education programs for global impact in food, fiber, and natural resources.
Eligibility: All educators, extension professionals, and mentors interested in becoming global change-makers!
*If you apply and are not accepted to the Global Guides track but your student is accepted to the Global Youth Institute (GYI) you will still be eligible to attend as a chaperone. GYI Chaperones will have access to the Borlaug Dialogue but will not participate in the Global Guide sessions.
All questions can be directed to Kelsey Tyrrell, Director of Youth Leadership Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 8 - July 16th: Applications Open.
Educators will be interviewed and selected for the 2021-2022 cohort by the first week of August.
1-hour online instruction dates:
September: Orientation to Food Security + What is Digital Leadership?
October: Project-Based Learning 101
October 18-22nd: World Food Prize Immersion Experience, Des Moines Iowa
November - December: Individual Global Mentor Communication/Resource Share + Group Focus Session
January: Individual Global Mentor Communication/Resource Share + Group Focus Session
February: 2022 Global Learning in Agriculture Conference #GLAG22
March: Individual Global Mentor Communication/Resource Share + Group Focus Session
April: Individual Global Mentor Communication/Resource Share + Group Focus Session
May: Webinar - Sharing Results