NINTH ANNUAL IOWA HUNGER SUMMIT TO INSPIRE ACTION AGAINST HUNGER
More than 600 Iowans from local organizations to gather for workshops, keynotes and networking to unite in efforts to fight hunger at home and abroad.
Des Moines, Iowa (August 25, 2015) – The ninth annual Iowa Hunger Summit, organized by the World Food Prize, convenes in downtown Des Moines October 13th to bring public attention to hunger both at home and abroad, and to encourage actions and partnerships among Iowans to solve issues related to hunger, poverty and malnutrition. The event will take place from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Marriott Downtown, 700 Grand Ave., Des Moines. Full agenda and online registration is at www.worldfoodprize.org/
The day includes:
- Morning presentations on Health & Global Change, The State of Hunger in Iowa, Innovations & Collaborations to End Hunger, and the launch of the EndHunger.Vote initiative
- A Hunger Luncheon featuring meals from the Iowa humanitarian group Outreach, Inc.
- The presentation of the “Robert D. Ray Iowa SHARES Award”, which annually recognizes an Iowan who has provided significant leadership confronting hunger at home and abroad.
- Afternoon workshops providing in-depth conversation on topics of interest and practical tools for taking the fight against hunger to the next level
- Meal packaging shifts throughout the day
- A full room of exhibits featuring Iowan organizations and initiatives working to end hunger
The afternoon will feature workshops by local organizations. See the full agenda at www.worldfoodprize.org/
About: The Iowa Hunger Summit is a grassroots event, free and open to the public, which gathers Iowa citizens fighting hunger for a day of workshops, keynote speakers and a Hunger Luncheon, where guests sample meals used by organizations in hunger-fighting efforts at home and abroad. For more information, please visit www.iowahungersummit.org.