For students interested in working in the communications and public relations field, this internship offers an unparalleled professional opportunity to become an integral part of the World Food Prize Foundation and gain critical experience. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Communications, one highly qualified undergraduate or graduate student will have the opportunity to take on significant responsibility, managing and overseeing projects, communication and media duties. This includes:
- Writing and editing press releases, articles, newsletters and other information
- Researching and developing targeted media lists
- Outreach to local, national and international media
- Marketing and promoting World Food Prize events
- Website content and design
- Scheduling and updating social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
The ideal candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, and eye for design and a willingness to express new ideas and work as part of a team. Working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Constant Contact, social media platforms, web content programs and willingness to learn and ask questions when appropriate is helpful.
The World Food Prize Foundation operates across a broad range of social media platforms. Social Media interns, with the supervision of the Director of Communications, will gain experience operating on a variety of social media platforms and maintaining a strong social media presence. Duties include:
- Draft and schedule engaging content across various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.)
- Design and implement social media campaigns
- Set goals to increase social media presence and engagement
- Research articles and news stories for relevant information
The ideal candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong attention to detail, the ability to work independently and as part of a team, and previous experience running a social media account.