Every year, the World Food Prize Foundation hosts the Norman E. Borlaug International Dialogue, otherwise known as the Borlaug Dialogue. This symposium attracts foreign dignitaries, heads of state, US senators and representatives, as well as experts in agriculture, technological innovation, and policy from around the world. The International Events Intern, a highly qualified undergraduate or graduate student, will have the unparalleled opportunity to assist in the planning and execution of this prestigious dialogue. Interns develop tremendous insight into the logistics associated with event planning while gaining management experience. Symposium Planning Interns are organized, problem-solvers, and self-starters. Various duties include:
- Correspond with staff of dignitaries and speakers present for the Dialogue to ensure proper handling of logistics
- Work with the Borlaug Dialogue planning team to organize panel discussions, roundtable sessions, side events and workshops
- Research relevant academic literature in order to recommend panel topics to WFPF staff
- Attend agricultural events in order to seek out individuals to attend the Borlaug Dialogue
- Serve as a liaison to high-ranking attendees of the symposium
The ideal candidate will have a strong academic background, a solid work ethic, a capacity for analytical and problem solving thinking, impeccable attention to detail and excellent oral and written communication skills. They will also possess significant knowledge about international relations and affairs.