The Emergency Response to the Desert Locust Crisis: The Story of How a Humanitarian Crisis Was Successfully Mitigated | Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations
Join us for a high-level discussion hosted by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations to learn about how the impacts of the desert locust infestation of 2018-2021 - - the worst in 70 years in Kenya and 25 years in Ethiopia, Somalia and India - - were successfully mitigated.
- Jocelyn Brown Hall, Director, FAO’s Liaison Office for North America
- Barbara Stinson, President, the World Food Prize Foundation
- Keith Cressman, Senior Locust Forecasting Officer, FAO
- David Hughes, Dorothy Foehr Huck and J. Lloyd Huck Chair in Global Food Security at Penn State University, and Founder, PlantVillage
- Greg Vulinovich, InReach Project Lead for Africa, Europe, and the Middle East