The North American Agricultural Advisory Network (NAAAN) conversation on Education, Extension and Research: Building blocks for the next generation of Agricultural leadership in North America
Please join us in the Embassy Suites Ballroom on Thursday, October 21st from 2:15 to 4:00
The North American Agricultural Advisory Network (NAAAN) conversation on
Education, Extension and Research:
Building blocks for the next generation of
Agricultural leadership in North America
The North American Agricultural Advisory Network (NAAAN) is the newest member of the Global Forum for Rural Advisory Services (GFRAS). Representing agricultural leadership throughout Canada, Mexico and the U.S., the NAAAN will host an in-person and online side event focused on the role education, extension and research play as building blocks for the next generation of agricultural leaders in North America. Please join us and participate in the conversation leading to programmatic outcomes and next steps under this new collaboration.
- Keynote: Chancellor Tony Frank, Colorado State University System and host institution for the NAAAN Secretariat
- Panel discussion with staff of USAID, The Global Teach Ag Network and the Borlaug Global Guides, The Canadian Federation of Agriculture, NAAAN Steering Committee Members, and the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (SADER) Mexico
- Roundtable discussions (in-person and online) focused on tangible next steps
- Closing remarks from the ex officio members of the NAAAN
- Secretary Tom Vilsack, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Secretary Victor Villalobos, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Mexico
- Chris Forbes, Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, Canada
Open to all attending the World Food Prize, International Borlaug Dialogue events
The North American Agricultural Advisory Network (NAAAN) facilitates collaboration and learning between existing programs and organizations in the three North American Countries of Canada, Mexico and the United States. NAAAN serves as a platform to link shared priorities and activities in agricultural advisory and extension services through knowledge development and management, networking and policy advocacy.
NAAAN was formed in 2020 as an affiliate of the Global Forum for Rural Advisory Services (GFRAS). In addition to having a Board position on GFRAS, the NAAAN participates in communities of practice and provides new ways to interact with the larger global rural advisory community. The existing GFRAS networks and hubs provide an opportunity for North American educators and extensionists to share best practices with, and learn from, professional colleagues around the world.
Three Focus Areas
The NAAAN is formulating working groups to guide and support implementation of priority elements of the NAAAN work program. Working groups will help to initiate activity in the three thematic areas dealing with the role of extension and rural advisory services:
1) Biodefense and Management of Natural Disaster;
2) Climate Change with emphasis on water management and soil health; and
3) Youth and Career Empowerment