Strengthening the Climate for Sustainable Agricultural Growth: 2021 GAP Report | Virginia Tech
The 2021 Global Agricultural Productivity Report (GAP Report) presents new data from the USDA Economic Research Service indicating the urgent need to provide producers with improved inputs and agronomic information to adapt to the changing climate and weather patterns. In response, the policy and investment climate must prioritize productivity growth at all scales of production. The highlight of the event will be a solution-oriented discussion of the relationship between climate change and productivity growth, the impact on farmers, and strategies to accelerate sustainable productivity growth at all scales.
- Jehiel Oliver, CEO, Hello Tractor
- Eric Delmotte, Farmer, France
- Jim Gaffney, General Development Officer, Center for Agriculture Led Growth, USAID
- Siboniso Moyo, Deputy Director General, International Livestock Research Institute
- Ann Steensland, Lead, Global Agricultural Productivity Initiative, Virginia Tech College of Agriculture and Life Science
- Tom Thompson, Associate Dean and Director of CALS Global, Virginia Tech College of Agriculture and Life Sciences