Celebrate the New Prize in Food and Agriculture Sciences at the National Academy of Sciences
Title: Celebrate the New Prize in Food and Agriculture Sciences at the National Academy of Sciences
Time: 10:00 – 11:00 a.m., Wednesday, October 12
Location: Salon F, 2nd Floor, Des Moines Marriott
Event Description: Join the Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research to celebrate the establishment of the first-ever National Academy of Sciences prize dedicated to food and agriculture. This new prize will complement the critical mission of the World Food Prize by honoring one annual mid-career recipient for an extraordinary contribution to food or agriculture science. The creation of an award at the prestigious National Academy of Sciences is an important milestone on the road to recognizing food and agriculture research as a pursuit worthy of the highest honor in the scientific arena and beyond. As food security leaders converge for the 2016 Borlaug Dialogue, this event is an opportunity to celebrate an additional platform for honoring future scientific discoveries that improve our ability to provide nutritious food to a growing global population. Light refreshments will be served.
- Amb. Ken Quinn, President, World Food Prize Foundation, Executive Director, Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research
- Dr. Sally Rockey, Executive Director, Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research
- Dr. Lawrence Kent, Senior Program Officer, Agricultural Development Program, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Dr. Ronald Phillips, National Academy of Sciences Member and Regents' Professor Emeritus and former McKnight Presidential Chair in Genomics, University of Minnesota Department of Agronomy and Plant Genetics
- Ms. Pam Johnson, FFAR Board Member and Past President, National Corn Growers Association
About the Prize: NAS Prize in Food and Agriculture Sciences
Questions? Email Madeleine O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RSVP Information: http://ffar-at-borlaug-dialogue.eventbrite.com