Early bird discounts are available through August 15.
Registration is open for the World Food Prize Foundation’s 2022 Norman E. Borlaug International Dialogue, which will address overcoming pervasive global food-system shocks. The Borlaug Dialogue will take place virtually and in person on October 18-20 at the Iowa Events Center in Des Moines, Iowa.
This year’s theme is "Feeding a Fragile World.” The triple threat of COVID-19, conflict, and climate demands addressing the multiple challenges the global food system faces now and in the future.
The World Food Prize Foundation brings together thought leaders from across the world to address the pressing challenges that must be overcome to achieve food security for all. The Dialogue allows individuals to participate in roundtables that move debates and solutions to the next level. The outcomes of these roundtables will help to shape actions at future programs. Roundtable themes this year include:
- The Triple C’s (COVID, Conflict, Climate) and More: Shocks, Recovery, Regeneration, and Rejuvenation
- Financing and Investments for Climate Action and Food System Transformation
- Zeroing in on Health and Nutrition in the Climate Era
- Pathways for a Just Transition: The Road to 1.5 degrees C in the Context of Zero Hunger by 2030
The Dialogue will feature speakers and leading officials from government, agriculture, agribusiness, academics, and international non-governmental organizations. Speakers this year will include:
- Cynthia Rosenzweig, 2022 World Food Prize Laureate and Senior Research Scientist, NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies
- Akinwumi Adesina, President, African Development Bank Group
- Rodger Voorhies, President, Global Growth & Opportunity, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Danielle Nierenberg, President and Co-founder, FoodTank
These speakers and others will come together to discuss mitigating the climate crisis and advancing food security in the face of COVID-19, conflict, and climate. Additional breakout sessions and side events will also take place during the week.
Discounted registrations are available through August 15, 2022. Register for the event online using the link to Accelevents. Hotel reservations can be reserved at the Hilton Des Moines Downtown Hotel for a discounted rate.