Each semester, the World Food Prize selects a highly qualified undergraduate or graduate student to work alongside the organization's Director of Community Outreach in carrying out the annual Iowa Hunger Summit and maintaining the Iowa Hunger Directory.
Duties include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Participating in local events
- Research potential speakers and panel topics
- Event planning
- Outreach to local and national partners
- Marketing and promoting the Iowa Hunger Summit + Iowa Hunger Directory
- Website content creation
- Scheduling and updating social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Database management
The ideal candidate will have an immovable capacity for analytical thinking, impeccable attention to detail, willingness to work in a flexible and fluid environment, a desire to learn and share strengths and have strong written and verbal communication skills.