The World Food Prize “Global Guides” Track is an exclusive 7-month professional development program for educators that includes attendance at the 2020 World Food Prize Borlaug Dialogue and Global Youth Institute (GYI), October 14-17th in Des Moines, Iowa with continued learning and online mentoring support sessions beyond the 3-day experience. This program was created in partnership with the Global Teach Ag! Initiative whose mission to help expand the capacity of teachers and education programs for global impact in food, fiber, and natural resources.
NEW FOR 2020: The World Food Prize Foundation and Global Teach Ag will be transitioning the Global Guides program to an exciting and engaging virtual experience, October 12-23! The 2020 application deadline has been extended to Tuesday, September 15th.
Educators who apply and who are accepted to participate will receive many benefits including:
1) Access to the World Food Prize Borlaug Dialogue International Symposium ($600 value)
2) Resources and instructional materials to advance project-based learning in global food security ($150 value)
3) Complimentary all-access registration to the 2021 Global Learning in Agriculture Conference (#GLAG21) an online, professional development experience taking place in January 2021 ($50 value)
4) Exclusive access to the curated Global Guide Community of Practice with an engaged, like-minded group of passionate learners (priceless)
5) 10 hours of focused online live instruction ($1,500 value)
TOTAL ESTIMATED VALUE: $5,000
To apply for this innovative professional development program please complete both the application form and the agreement form by no later than Tuesday, September 15th, 2020.
*If you apply and are not accepted to the Global Guides track but your student is accepted to the Global Youth Institute you will still be eligible to attend as a chaperone. Chaperones will have access to the Borlaug Dialogue but will not participate in the Global Guide sessions.
All questions can be directed to Kelsey Tyrrell, Director of Youth Leadership Development at email@example.com or 515-245-3702.
February 7 - September 15th: Applications Open.
Educators will be interviewed and selected for the 2020-2021 cohort shortly after the application closes on September 15th.
1-hour online instruction dates:
September: Orientation to Food Security
September: What is Digital Leadership?
October: Project-Based Learning 101
October 14-17th: World Food Prize Immersion Experience, Des Moines Iowa
November - December: Individual Global Mentor Communication/Resource Share + Group Focus Session
January: Individual Global Mentor Communication/Resource Share + Group Focus Session
February: 2021 Global Learning in Agriculture Conference #GLAG21
March: Individual Global Mentor Communication/Resource Share + Group Focus Session
April: Individual Global Mentor Communication/Resource Share + Group Focus Session
May: Webinar - Sharing Results