The World Food Prize “Global Guides” Track is an exclusive 7-month professional development program for educators that includes attendance at the 2020 World Food Prize Borlaug Dialogue and Global Youth Institute (GYI), October 14-17th in Des Moines, Iowa with continued learning and online mentoring support sessions beyond the 3-day experience. This program was created in partnership with the Global Teach Ag! Initiative whose mission to help expand the capacity of teachers and education programs for global impact in food, fiber, and natural resources.
Any educator who attends a World Food Prize state, regional, or national youth institute, prior to the 2020 Global Youth Institute. To find out if your state, territory, or region is hosting a youth institute click HERE.
Educators who apply and who are accepted to participate will receive many benefits including:
1) Access to the World Food Prize Borlaug Dialogue International Symposium ($600 value)
2) Professional development immersion experience beginning Wednesday evening, October 14th through Saturday, October 17th at 12:00 PM. Lodging and meals paid for beginning Wednesday evening. ($2,700 value)
3) Resources and instructional materials to advance project-based learning in global food security ($150 value)
3) Complimentary all-access registration to the 2021 Global Learning in Agriculture Conference (#GLAG21) an online, professional development experience taking place in January 2021 ($50 value)
4) Exclusive access to the curated Global Guide Community of Practice with an engaged, like-minded group of passionate learners (priceless)
5) 10 hours of focused online live instruction ($1,500 value)
TOTAL ESTIMATED VALUE: $5,000
To apply for this innovate professional development program please complete both the application form and the agreement form by no later than Wednesday, July 1st, 2020:
*If you apply and are not accepted to the Global Guides track but your student is accepted to the Global Youth Institute you will still be eligible to attend as a chaperone. Chaperones will have access to the Borlaug Dialogue but will not participate in the Global Guide sessions.
All questions can be directed to Kelsey Tyrrell, Director of Youth Leadership Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-245-3702.
February 7 - July 1: Applications Open
July 24: Notification of acceptance status to all applicants
1-hour online instruction dates:
August: Online Orientation Webinar
September: Orientation to Food Security
September: What is Digital Leadership?
October: Project-Based Learning 101
October 14-17th: World Food Prize Immersion Experience, Des Moines Iowa
November - December: Individual Global Mentor Communication/Resource Share + Group Focus Session
January: Individual Global Mentor Communication/Resource Share + Group Focus Session
February: 2021 Global Learning in Agriculture Conference #GLAG21
March: Individual Global Mentor Communication/Resource Share + Group Focus Session
April: Individual Global Mentor Communication/Resource Share + Group Focus Session
May: Webinar - Sharing Results